Keyboard LEDs stopped working

Jan Willies jan at willies.info
Sun Sep 16 10:42:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

my keyboard LEDs stopped working with xorg-7.3. For example shiftlock
and numlock. The functionality is ok, just the LEDs don't work. I have
tried Driver "kbd" and "keyboard" but neither changes the behaviour.

(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
         Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
         ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
[...]
(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard: always reports core events
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
(**) Keyboard: Protocol: standard
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
(**) Keyboard: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) Keyboard: XkbModel: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) Keyboard: XkbLayout: "us"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) evaluating device (Keyboard)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
full log: http://pastebin.archlinux.org/14613

local/xorg-server 1.4-1
local/xorg-server-utils 1.0.4-2
local/xorg-utils 1.0.2-4
local/xorg-xauth 1.0.1-1
local/xorg-xdm 1.1.6-1
local/xorg-xinit 1.0.5-1
local/xorg-xkb-utils 1.0.2-2
local/kbd 1.12-6
local/xkeyboard-config 0.9-2

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"
         Screen          "Default Screen"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Keyboard"
#       Driver          "keyboard"
         Driver          "kbd"
         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
EndSection

I have two keyboards connected, the internal one from my Laptop and an
external Apple via USB. When I quit X, the LEDs are working fine.

What am I doing wrong?

- Jan