intel 965GM integrated graphics chipset on dell d830 with fedora 7 not working correctly

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:12:15 PDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Ben Little <bjaming at gmail.com> wrote:

> I attempted to follow the instructions at intellinuxgraphics however I was
> unable to install the new intel driver due to the following error;
>
> ./configure: line 20329: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
> ./configure: line 20329: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA,
> xineramaproto)'
>
> I'm a little lost at the moment and I'm not sure what needs to be done to
> resolve this issue, I'm in some unfamiliar territory with this graphics
> issue.

If you're building from git, you'll need to have the util-macros
package installed so that the Xorg autoconf macros get expanded. If
you can't locate the appropriate package from your distro, the tarball
is here:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/util/util-macros-1.1.5.tar.bz2

or pull from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/macros

--
Dan