About Xalloc()/Xfree() function used in liblbxutil library.

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Sep 20 06:57:37 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:33:25AM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Autoconf has a much cleaner way to deal with this problem.

Yes and no. The biggest issue is that you still have to deal with the
malloc(0) case by using a wrapper for that and you can't detect it for
cross-compiling. It also means that you assume that libc malloc is
always used, which is a possibly bad assumption.

> It may be worthwhile to migrate to this mechanism, if only
> to make X code look more like ordinary ANSI C to newcomers.

I seriously doubt that it helps much in that regard.

Joerg