GLX/DRI resource management

José Fonseca jrfonseca at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Sep 25 10:47:47 PDT 2007

Michel,

I'm updating Glucose to catch up with your change to xserver to make
sure DRI drawables are cleaned up when client dies
(4abd00dab7e648dab8172f6009371e4e63d0c521), where you pass the GLX
client  in the global __pGlxClient variable. The problem is that
when glucose creates drawables there is no GLX client (or the client
is the X server itself, if you prefer), so __pGlxClient is null or
junk.

I'm wondering what's the best way to do it:
a) Create a ClientPtr for X server.
b) Use a null ClientPtr to mean the X server itself, and check for it
on DRICreateDrawable().
c) Move the resource management out of DRI code, and into glxdri code,
so that it doesn't get in the way.

I'm leaning to b). Since you were the author, could you please tell me
what you think?

José Fonseca