Release criteria for X11 releases

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Sep 26 11:47:36 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 18:41 -0500, R.L. Horn wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
> > We seem to be loosening and loosening what it takes to declare
> > an X11 release shipped, and X11R7.3 seems to have lowered the
> > bar even further.
>
> Well, I'm glad somebody finally said it.  Even the filenames are
> inconsistent with previous releases.  What's worse, with no update
> directory (and no clear indication as to which tarballs are
> R7.3-specific), the version of each and every package has to be compared
> with what's already installed.

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.3

It was in the release notes and the announcement mail, and is the page
linked to from wiki.x.org's "current release".

"See http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.3 for a list of modules updated
in this release."

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com