xserver on OpenGL

Jon Smirl jonsmirl@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:59:13 -0800 (PST)

--- Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com> wrote:
> I think XFree86 remaps the PCI bus to move the secondary card into the ISA
> addreses for the video card, copies the BIOS off of the card and then
> runs the boot time initialization vector, using either VM86 (?) or a
> software x86 emulator (useful for non-x86 machines).

I have found all of this except the place where it calls the boot time
initialization vector. Boot time vector is offset 0003 into the VBIOS image. I
can't locate the call to this in the DRI source but maybe I'm just blind. That's
why I wonder if there is some other way to reset a card other than jumping to
0003.

This is the first call I see in xf86ExtendedInitInt10(int entityIndex, int
Flags);

    pInt->BIOSseg = V_BIOS >> 4;
    pInt->num = 0xe6;
    LockLegacyVGA(pInt, &vga);