Running any wm in Xserver

koudelka at zoom-int.cz koudelka at zoom-int.cz
Thu Apr 8 06:15:17 PDT 2004

Greetings,

I sorry for maybe stupid question, but I running Xserver first day.
I started Xves, xcompmgr and hacked version of xterm I found here.

I get tranpsarert xterm window as I wish, everything is nice. When I
launch eg. fdclock -sat i get transparent clock behind term, great. I
dreamed about transluent windows for long time.

But, when I launch any box (open, flux, black, kahakai) I lost the
transparency of xterm... Can anybody explain me how to start my favourite
wm and keep transparency?

Are there any other terms which support this sort of transparency?

Thank you very much for your help. I was angry from XFree very long time
and awaited these day. Xserver is cool :-)

Michal Koudelka

--
Michal Koudelka
koudelka at zoom-int.cz