AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

Timothy Waters trwaters@linuxmail.org
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:29:54 +0800

I'm receiving the following error and I'm trying to get some help in resolving it:
root@localhost Xdmcp # ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/fdo
autoreconf-2.59: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.59: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf-2.59: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
aclocal: configure.ac: 39: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
autoreconf-2.59: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I'm using libtool 1.5 as it suggests in the install guide and I got it through that link on that page. I'm trying to use the install guide to get xserver installed. I'm going through it manually because it looks like there are going to be too many problems to use the autogen script.
Thanks for any help!
Tim