help on cross-compiling xserver

Alan Coopersmith Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:45:37 -0800

Suresh Chandra Mannava wrote:
> once again, I request you to provide some pointers on
> cross-compiling static xserver, I need to link it
> statically which starts from location 0x80001000.

Making it load at that particular address would be a function
of your compiler and tool chain and nothing specific to the X
server wouldn't it?  I could tell you how to do it with the
Solaris C compiler and linker for building a Solaris ELF binary,
but doubt that would be useful - you need to find the documentation
for your tools to figure out what options are required to make your
binaries load at a specific address.

--
         -Alan Coopersmith-         alan.coopersmith@sun.com
          Sun Microsystems, Inc.    -     Sun Software Group