rethrowing events, and digests

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:46:24 -0800

Around 20 o'clock on Feb 8, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I don't know a way to do a click-to-focus window manager which passes
> through the focus click that doesn't suffer from this problem.

It's not the extraneous leave/enter events; applications could just ignore
them (mode grab).  But, if the pointer really *does* leave the window
during the grab, it won't see the enter events when the grab is released,
so it 'has' to believe the leave events.

However, if the WM placed the grab on the application window (in violation
of the ICCCM), then the application will see an event when the grab is
deactivated, even if the pointer is no longer within the application
window.

If anyone has a concrete proposal for making this work perfectly, we could
easily add it to XFIXES.

-keith