xkb and xinput

elylevy-xserver@cs.huji.ac.il elylevy-xserver@cs.huji.ac.il
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:17:19 +0200 (IST)

hey,
I saw a lot of discussion about xkb and xinput on the channel latly,
I wonder what was the conclution in the end.
does program use xkb for more than the autorepeat? or can we like keithp
said just add the auto repeat to xfixes and get rid of xkb all together?
if we do that should we write some client that would provide simple xkb
facutionality (easy layout switching using special keys on the keyboard
and so on).

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University