X compression techniques (was Re: VNC server based on kdrive using damage extension?)

Egbert Eich eich@xfree86.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:31:22 +0100

Kurt Pfeifle writes:

 > Egbert, I need to shiver off that bad reputation of being
 > likened to a salesperson. You don't know how much I often
 > hate salespersons! I am not one myself, and I hope I can

Kurt, I know you and I was by no means trying to disrespectful to you.
I did not mean to discredit you as a 'salesperson', I just tired to
indicate what may have bothered Mike that he reacted so hostile.
I apaologize if it came across this way.

I also tried to explain why I feel this technology should receive more
attention instead of being ignored only because someone may have felt
the wording of the announcement inappropriate (I personally didn't,
however some people seem to be allergic to technology that is not
completely free but has some elements (in this case mostly convenience
elements) that are non-free.

 > be restored as a sane human with some sensible credit in

Kurt, there hasn't been a moment where I didn't consider you sane.
Surprising that you get this impression from me, after all we know
each other long enough.
Otherwise would I have tried to draw the attention of the audience
to the technological merits of the solution?

Egbert.