X compression techniques (was Re: VNC server based on kdrive using damage extension?)

Egbert Eich eich@xfree86.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:39:41 +0100

Kurt Pfeifle writes:
 > Egbert Eich wrote:
 >

 > To me, this is only related to the nxwin package which is the
 > NoMachine-modified Cygwin/X-server for Windows.
 >
 > I think it is not appropriate to draw the conclusion that this
 > offer automatically extends to all NX software.

That wasn't what I meant. It looked like he may be willing
to consider relicensing of pieces that we find worthwile
to have in the server. I don't think it would make much
sense to put the entire NX software into the Xserver.

 > I must admit, that I first also thought "Wow! How 'liberal'.
 > Why don't they want to protect their code more for the purpose
 > of keeping it Free Software?"  Only very much later, on second
 > sight, it occurred to me that the "offer" was a very specific
 > one. I am sure, Gian Filippo will comment on this if he comes
 > across your conclusion.

OK.

Cheers,
	Egbert.