ALT+ IJKL for cursor movement

Chris Debenham chris@adebenham.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:29:23 +1100

There is a lovely program called "XKeyCaps" that allows you to re-assign
any key to send any other key. It is basically just a graphical
front-end to configure xmodmap.
I just played around with it and you can get it to change Alt+J to send
'left-arror key' etc.

Try adding the following to ~/.xmodmap then run 'xmodmap ~/.xmodmap'

keycode 0x1F =  i       I       NoSymbol        Up
keycode 0x2C =  j       J       NoSymbol        Left
keycode 0x2D =  k       K       NoSymbol        Down
keycode 0x2E =  l       L       NoSymbol        Right

Chris