a couple more stupid x related questions

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:48:22 +0100

--==_Exmh_746449986P

Around 0 o'clock on Feb 21, Jaymz Julian wrote:

>  Of course, when I try and create a second picture from the same window,
> the xserver returns an error, which is rather unhandy(tm).

That shouldn't cause an error; perhaps there's something odd in how you
create the second picture?

> Having looked stupid, we hit problem #2.  Is there a simple way that already
> exists to have damage make the change boxes it generates slightly larger than
> what is required?

You could take the region, copy it and union in four translated versions.

Alternatively, you could expose a 'grow region' primitive in XFIXES.  I
believe the Mac and Windows APIs have examples of how this should be
specified; I'd look at the Mac version first.

Thanks for getting convolutions working.

-keith

--==_Exmh_746449986P

--==_Exmh_746449986P--