Accessing window buffers

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:14:07 -0800

--==_Exmh_919474323P

Around 17 o'clock on Feb 23, gtg990h@mail.gatech.edu wrote:

> Now, if the picture is still valid, I presume what is happening is that the old
> window buffer is being freed and a new one allocated. Is there any way for the
> composite manager to get ahold of that window buffer before it is freed?

Not at this point; the name used is just the window ID in IncludeInferiors
mode.  I'm thinking about allowing the compositing manager name the buffer
so that when the window is unmapped the buffer will stick around.  I
hadn't thought about resize; perhaps we should find a way to name those as
well.  Hmm.

-keith

--==_Exmh_919474323P

--==_Exmh_919474323P--