Windows positioned outside screen dimensions

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman@Sun.COM
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:38:41 -0800

Luke:

The xorg foundation x server will conform to the protocol specification
at least as well as XFree86 or any other, so the capabilities/deficiencies
will be the same.

It looks like you can do this offscreen placement, because
the ConfigureWindow protocol request does not define an error for it.

You can try setting override-redirect=TRUE to avoid window manager intervention.

You can avoid all this by simply unmapping the window.

skk