Matrox g400 patch for hw blends / compositions

Damien Ciabrini braun at club-internet.fr
Sun May 2 21:29:41 EST 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 18:38, Damien Ciabrini wrote:
> They are probably mistakes of mine, indeed :)
After verification, I ran the Xmga server and it seems to work almost
perfectly with KDE3.2 :(
The problem comes from somewhere else...

> > In 32bpp mode, the screen gets horrifically corrupted when you start the
> > composite manager.  I suppose this is expected by your 16bpp comment
> > belone, but it would nice if it worked in that mode :).
> This problem might comes for the blending operation used inside
> mgaComposite(). I've tested the composition for the classic "Over" blending
> func (SRC_ALPHA | DST_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA), but other blending funcs might
> be incorrect.
OK this doesn't comes from my composition code.
I turned of all the accelerations and fdclock still showed somes glitches...
I'm now convinced the problem comes from the original driver. Moreover it is
probably related to the code that copies bitmaps from system memory to video
memory (and vice versa).
I'll try to fix the problem ASAP. This should fix the 32bpp problems at the
same time.

PS: can you try my patch in 16bpp with aewm, and some AA xterms and tell me if
it works for your g400 MAX ?
(xterm -fa "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=9:charwidth=7" -fg black -bg white)

cheers,

--
Damien