error running xserver

Alok Bhatt the_hundredth_one at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 07:55:23 PDT 2004

may i know what the suid root for binaries means? is it that you've compiled
the xserver as root? and does this mean you can run it without sudo or su?

i also have a problem with VM86OLD being called, and then errno returning -1
ENOSYS. this error jus goes on and on and hangs the monitor+keyboard

1. is it normal for the call to occur? because i would think the xserver
isn't limited to the x86 architecture

2. why does it give me the error? i'm running kernel 2.6.5 on a P4,
(architecture = PC compatible and even generic x86)