Composite and damage status

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Thu May 13 07:00:24 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 05:43, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:42:10 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> > Fixing XAA to migrate pixmaps as appropriate might make some
> > sense for cards with limited memory (less than 1/2GB).
>
> I really, really hope that was a typo ... ;)

Within a year or two most cards _will_ have half a gig.  And if we're
talking about putting every window in video memory, less than 512MB is
very much likely to require moving pixmaps between video memory and
system memory, or tossing out the pixmaps and requesting a redraw when
necessary.

Or did you just mean you thought that was referring to 1 or 2 gigs?  ;-)

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.