How to use as every day xserver?

Franco Catrin L. fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Wed May 19 13:09:41 PDT 2004

El mié, 19-05-2004 a las 15:35, Colin Yates escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot figure out how to enable any user to use this implementation.
> At the moment, everything is installed in /opt, but normal users cannot
> run xcompmgr, only root can.
>
> What I am currently doing is running as root, executing xcompmgr, then
> "su - username" and loading Gnome up then.
>
> Is there a way in which I can automate this for a "normal" user, i.e.
> with a bash script?

I normally add fdo xserver to the list of known xservers in gdm.conf
The I add xcompmgr to ~/.Xclient in the user's account.

Well, I really add

jhbuild run xcompmgr

because I use jhbuild for this separate development environment

You can also check if you have /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d and put a script
there

--
Franco Catrin L. TUXPAN
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin