[Accessibility] Re: [Kde-accessibility] IBM TTS SDK

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 17:14:10 PST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 16:40, George Kraft wrote:
> >   There are no file packages defined for this project.
>
> Currently, I'm only providing source code to software developers.  An
> SDK pakage is of no direct use to end-users.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ibmtts-sdk/sdk/
>
> You can download the source code via CVS.  Read the INSTALL file for
> instructions on how to build and package.
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ibmtts-sdk login
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ibmtts-sdk co
> -P sdk

I was looking at adding a plugin to KTTS.  Two questions.

Is there developer documentation for the TTS API anywhere?  Don't see any in
cvs.  I searched around a bit on developerWorks but didn't find it.

Is there a method to give it text; get back audio?

BTW I see that Janina Sajka is associated with Capital Accessibility.  Thanks
Janina!

Also BTW, I'm told the online purchase link is broken.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer