[Accessibility] Alternative to XCompositeRedirectSubwindows

dstarase tarase dstarase at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:45:03 PST 2007

Hi All,
         I am new to X library. I want to know is there any alternative
method for sending the entire Windows hierarchy to offscreen buffer. There
is a call named XCompositeRedirectSubwindows, but when i use it after
enabling xcomposite extensions in xorg.conf file , I see the  following :
      1. The Gnome desktop seems to behave in sluggish manner ( i am running
Red HatEnterprise Linux 4.0).

       2. The other disadavantage is we need to restart X server after
changing the setting in the xorg.conf file.

 I wanted to know is there any alternative API or other libraries which
perform the same stuff

Thanks in advance

regards

Dstarase