[Accessibility] x org fonction

bruno belisle brunob at tr.ca
Thu Mar 5 06:46:53 PST 2009

I would like to know where I should post this request concerning disable
ctrl-alt-return for disable X . In our forum in Mandriva 2009.1 beta
version and : many of us are disappointed concerning this disappearing
function. I really don t know where i can sent my opinion ,or get
serious inofrmations for disable .I am sorry to take your time and I
appreciate the work of all of you .I read some reason for disable this
function and the reasons we get  seem to be not serious .I would like to
know if a vote been done on this matter. I know it is may be not
important  but it seem for me a lot in our choice liberty .Thank you for
the time you will take to answer me .
best regards
Bruno
have a nice day.

this  is the text I get the first info :

    X.org server 1.5.99.902

    * The major new release of the X.org <http://www.x.org> server,
      version 1.5, is included in this beta. The most important change
      in this version is so-called 'input hotplugging' - a system by
      which the X server handles the detection and configuration of
      input devices, using the /evdev/ driver. This change has been
      integrated into Mandriva so that the Mandriva keyboard and mouse
      configuration tools continue to work as expected.

    * Default behaviour for *now disables Ctrl+Alt+backspace shortcut to
      restart X server.*

It is like you go buy a new car with a 'spedometer at 300km/hrs' and
they block the limit speed at 50km/h or 30miles/hrs for your safety.