[Accessibility] Accessibility features in Wayland - feedback request

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Oct 30 17:24:37 PDT 2014

Hi list,

As you may be aware, the input stack in Wayland is quite different to the
one in X. most notably we're working on libinput as a shared input stack to
be used between compositor. Most of the baseline is done, one of the things
we're now looking into is accessibility, but this is where we lack feedback
to decide what needs to be done and how.

If you or someone you know require specific accessibility features, please
let me know, I'd like to discuss with you why you need it, how that need is
currently being addressed and whether we can improve on that. I'm
specifically looking to get a grasp on the various requirements within the
input stack, so anything from braille input devices to debouncing keys to
button locking.

Happy to have the discussion off-list if you prefer to stay more anonymous.

Cheers,
   Peter