Implementations of missing dce6 functions: how should patches be organized?

Alexandre Demers alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:05:39 UTC 2016

Since yesterday was a rainy day over here, I took some time at the
unimplemented dce6 functions and  I'm almost done with them.

I still need to:
- mimic how MASKs and SHIFTs are used in dce_v8_0.c (purely for consistency
and clarity)
-- rename some variables and split imbriqued MASKs and SHIFTs (almost
completed for dce_v6_0.c usages and some other files that were using the
same defined variables)
-- move MASKs and SHIFTs to their own file (dce_6_0_sh_mask.h)
- complete implementation of two remainging functions:
--- dce_v6_0_afmt_update_ACR()
--- dce_v6_0_afmt_update_avi_infoframe()

I found a few duplicated "#define" in sid.h while porting code that I'm
cleaning at the same time.

So, in the next few days, I'll send patches for cleaning duplicated
"#define" in sid.h, renaming, splitting and moving MASKs and SHIFTs to
their own file first. It could be grouped as follow: a patch for removed
duplicates, one for renaming and splitting masks and shifts, and a last one
for moving them to their own file.

However, after that, would it be better to send a single patch for all
unimplemented functions or should I split them? Per function (or group of
functions)?

Thanks for your input.
Alexandre Demers