Adjusting memory speed according to display

Jarkko Korpi jarkko_korpi at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 01:45:22 UTC 2016

I have rx480 which I connect into 1920x1080 pc screen via DP and audio into external amplifier via HDMI. This causes rx480 to raise the memory speed to 2000 while doing really simple tasks like watching youtube. I really dont need thatkind of speed for memory. And I am not aware that it's possible to change between 300mhz 2000mhz memory speeds, but gpu supports this in steps which would be really great for memory too. I only need the audio data submited to the amplifier. Is it possible somehow to form a patch that it somehow recognizes my amplifier and understands that I am sending audio that I dont need/want it to max the memory speed? I would be really happy for such patch for personal use. If it's too hacky to be merged into upstream.