Random short freezes due to TTM buffer migrations

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:56:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Christian König
<deathsimple at vodafone.de> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> I'm already working on this.
>
> My current approach is to use a custom BO manager for VRAM with TTM and so
> split allocations into chunks of 4MB.
>
> Large BOs are still swapped out as one, but it makes it much more likely to
> that you can allocate 1/2 of VRAM as one buffer.

Do you mean GTT->swap migrations or VRAM->GTT?

In Mesa, I can at least split MSAA color and depth buffers, because:
- I don't have to support sharing.
- They are big.
- I need different BO priorities for FMASK+CMASK, then the first 2
samples in one buffer, then the next 2 samples in another buffer, etc.
- I need to allow different locations for each of those.

Marek