Random short freezes due to TTM buffer migrations

Felix Kuehling felix.kuehling at amd.com
Wed Aug 17 19:03:18 UTC 2016

I think the scatter-gather tables only support system memory. As I
understand it, a buffer in VRAM has be migrated to system memory before
it can be shared with another driver.

I'm more concerned about sharing with the same driver. There is a
special code path for that, where we simply add another reference to the
same BO, instead of looking at a scatter gather table. We use that for
OpenGL-OpenCL interop, and also planning to use it for IPC buffer
sharing in HSA. As long as a split VRAM buffer is still a single
amdgpu_bo, and becomes a single dmabuf when exporting it, I think that
should work.

Regards,
  Felix