amdgpu's dce_vX_0_afmt_setmode(): why so different from radeon's

Alexandre Demers alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:29:03 UTC 2016

While looking at dce_v8_0_afmt_setmode(), I was thinking how crammed it
was and how unintuitive it looked. I compared it to its radeon
counterpart and I realized how readable this last one was. I had a look
at the other dce_vX_0_afmt_setmode() under amdgpu and they all look alike.

Can somebody  explain why the amdgpu's side just includes everything in
dce_vX_0_afmt_setmode() instead of having a nicely structured and
readable presentation as it is under radeon?

I'm trying to structure the thing a bit more like the radeon's side for
dce6, but their are some differences in the step order and even a few
more registry read and write calls. Any clue will be welcomed.

Cheers.

--
Alexandre Demers