libdrm amdgpu semaphores questions

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:12:17 UTC 2016

Hey all,

So I've started adding semaphore support to radv but I'm not really
sure what the API to the semaphore code is.

the Vulkan API is you get a command submission of a number of submit
units which have a 0-n wait semaphore, 0-n command buffers and 0-n
signal semaphores.

Now I'm not sure how I should use the APIs with those.

My first attempt is

call amdgpu_cs_wait_semaphore on all the wait ones, call the cs submit
API, then call the amdgpu_cs_signal_semaphore on all the signal ones?

or should I be up front calling wait/signal then submitting the command streams?

Also upcoming work requires possibly sharing semaphores between
processes, is there any indication how this might be made work with
the libdrm_amdgpu semaphore implementation?

Thanks,
Dave.