drm/amdgpu/display: Multiple fixed-point implementations

Hristo Venev hristo at venev.name
Sat Dec 10 10:29:04 UTC 2016

There are at least three implementations of fixed-point arithmetic in
drm/amdgpu/display: fixed31_32 (signed 32-32), fixed32_32 (unsigned 32-
32) and bw_fixed (signed 40-24). I don't think fixed-point arithmetic
implementations belong in drivers.

There already are two implementations of fixed-point in drm: fixed20_12
(unsigned 20-12) and drm_fixp (signed 32-32). The latter could be used
instead of fixed31_32.

Maybe we could use a standard fixed-point interface and share the
source code between most (or all) of the implementations. This is one
of the things that can be done before merging DC and is not too driver-
specific. What do you guys think?