[RFC] Using DC in amdgpu for upcoming GPU

Deucher, Alexander Alexander.Deucher at amd.com
Mon Dec 12 16:44:27 UTC 2016

The kernel side is public.  The dkms packages have the full source tree.  As I said before, we plan to make this all public, but just haven't had the time (as this thread shows, we've got a lot of other higher priority things on our plate).  Even when we do, it doesn’t change the fact that the patches can't go upstream at the moment so it doesn't fix the situation Daniel was talking about anyway.  Distro's generally don't take code that is not upstream yet.  While we only validate the dkms packages on the enterprise distros, they should be adaptable to other kernels.

Alex