[amd-gfx] AMD Carrizo - GPU fault detected: 146 0x0842b714

Mads mads at ab3.no
Sat Jun 18 22:58:09 UTC 2016

We know that it loads the radeonsi driver, but.. it doesn't use the
driver to render anything by itself, as far as I can understand it...

Starting dolphin (or konsole) makes the screen a mess, but I don't know
if libGL is to blame for it yet... but what do I know...

I got a trace of some sorts from running apitrace, and I've attached it
to this posting, but replaying it does not trigger the corruption, and
the trace does not contain any frames either. It seems dolphin just
loads the radeonsi driver, but what it does with it that triggers the
corruption beats me.

I have not had time to look into it more today, but I'll try to trace it
later like Nicolai suggested on tomorrow (or monday).

- Mads