[amd-gfx] Amdgpu-pro

aelaric aelaric at inbox.com
Mon Jun 20 00:23:23 UTC 2016

Tom,

I work in a high confidentiality style environment so I understand what
you are saying.  I understand that you guys are working through getting
internal devs working with external open source devs.  I also understand
there's alot of protocols that have to be created in that process.

On that note I really appreciate you asking about openSUSE.  Thanks for
that.  Just be aware in return that we are fighting the good fight for
you guys in the public eye, on your behalf, (AMD) and that's where
really all this begins where we are concerned.  And in past/present
cases spending our own money to do it.  We don't have any interest in
squeezing confidential information from sources.  We also support the
principle of AMD's intellectual properties.  We don't think anybody owns
that property except for AMD.  Obviously we believe that if for no other
reason than we run fglrx on AMD hardware at technical conferences.  Our
interest also, *is* however, in promotion of AMD hardware running
openSUSE in front of interested technical spectators.

Amdgpu-pro is the future from what we have seen.  Therefore we do have
questions about it.  Just take those inquiries in the spirit in which
they were intended; which is to say, hold them harmless.

--Hal