[amd-gfx] AMD Carrizo - GPU fault detected: 146 0x0842b714

Mads mads at ab3.no
Mon Jun 20 09:47:41 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-20 11:09, Nicolai Hähnle wrote:

> Thanks for the effort. The apitrace of Dolphin is indeed "useless" --
> seems like OpenGL is loaded, but in the end the app decides not to use
> it. Instead, it looks like the VM faults are coming from the X server.
>
> Can you make sure that the X server loads the debug build of
> radeonsi_dri.so with assertions enabled?
>
> I wonder if it's possible to get an apitrace from the X server. Perhaps
> you can reproduce the problem with Xephyr? If that also shows the VM
> faults, it would probably be easiest.
>
> Nicolai

Just so you know, the system is running xorg-server 1.18.3 and
xf86-video-amdgpu-1.1.0 with DRI3 + xf86-input-libinput-0.19.0.

I'm rebuilding LLVM and mesa now with debug enabled just to make sure my
environment is sane (LLVM didn't have debug/assertions enabled), but
that'll take a while... be right back with Xephyr testing when that's
done.

- Mads