Issue with amd-staging-4.7 on rx480

Jeremy Newton alexjnewt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 02:54:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm currently regularly building and using the amd-staging-4.7 linux
branch, which can be found here:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/log/?h=amd-staging-4.7

It seems that one of the commits pushed on 2016-10-03 broke something, and
I just wanted to give the devs a heads up in case no one noticed. I'm
guessing it was caused by one of the commits in the range of e3bb40f all
the way up to 78d1842.

I'm using an RX480, polaris10. The issue seems to have two symptoms:
- Plymouth (the boot splash screen) seems to get visually corrupted or just
blacked out.
- After login, the screen just remains black until I hard reset.

Reverting back to 8f877a8 seems to fix it. I'm using Fedora 24 with GNOME.
As well, I haven't had time to bisect, but I can do so if desired.

Thanks!