Issue with amd-staging-4.7 on rx480

Jeremy Newton alexjnewt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:07:45 UTC 2016

I apologise if what I said was unclear. When I mean I reverted back to 8f877a8,
I mean I did a hard reset to this commit, i.e. reverting all
commits/changes after this one. Basically I reverted the following
commits: e3bb40f, 32ba038, 6892173, 55a9ab5, 4760300, 8ee5196,
381c90a, 5ae6bd0, 9a846b4, 042f89f,
and 78d1842. I just skimmed it last night, so I can't say for sure where
the issue is, but I'm assuming it's one of the drm/amdgpu commits, i.e.
excluding commits9a846b4, 042f89f, and 78d1842.

I have only tested based on a snapshot at 8f877a8 and another snapshot
at 78d1842.
The latter caused the issue, while the former seems fine. I just discovered
this last night, but I'll do some builds tonight to bisect the issue if
need be.

Commit 6691270 on the other hand doesn't appear cause my issues. And
lastly, I rarely do warm boots on my machine, so all of my tests have been
cold boots.

Thanks,
Jeremy