[PATCH v2 2/3] drm/ttm: fix the documentation of ttm_bo_init
nhaehnle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:10:55 UTC 2017
From: Nicolai Hähnle <nicolai.haehnle at amd.com>
As the comment says: callers of ttm_bo_init cannot rely on having the
only reference to the BO when the function returns successfully.
Signed-off-by: Nicolai Hähnle <nicolai.haehnle at amd.com>
include/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_api.h | 6 +++++-
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/include/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_api.h b/include/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_api.h
index 6e8eaee..5add713 100644
@@ -520,7 +520,11 @@ extern int ttm_bo_init_top(struct ttm_bo_device *bdev,
* As this object may be part of a larger structure, this function,
* together with the @destroy function,
* enables driver-specific objects derived from a ttm_buffer_object.
- * On successful return, the object kref and list_kref are set to 1.
+ * On successful return, the caller owns an object kref to @bo. The kref and
+ * list_kref are usually set to 1, but note that in some situations, other
+ * tasks may already be holding references to @bo as well.
* If a failure occurs, the function will call the @destroy function, or
* kfree() if @destroy is NULL. Thus, after a failure, dereferencing @bo is
* illegal and will likely cause memory corruption.
More information about the amd-gfx