PRT support for amdgpu

Nicolai Hähnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:55:21 UTC 2017

[ Cc John for addrlib ]

On 30.01.2017 13:57, Christian König wrote:
> An open problem with the proposal is that we don't know when or if we want to add the userspace implementation into radeonsi.
>
> So price question could you guys use this for radv as well? Or is it sufficient to just write an unit test for it?

For radeonsi, I think the question is more "when", not "if". At least
PRT/sparse textures are necessarily immutable, so the associated Mesa
headache should be bounded, but still...

As you know, I think the ioctl interface is good.

One thing to keep in mind is that I don't know how well PRT layout is
supported by the open addrlib. There have been a bunch of PRT-related
fixes in the internal copy of addrlib, but opening them has been stuck
in review limbo for a while now...

Cheers,
Nicolai