iMac 10,1 with Ubuntu 16.04: black screen after suspend

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Mon Jul 24 13:45:58 UTC 2017

Hello Lukas,

On 17.07.2017 11:02, Lukas Wunner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 06:47:07PM +0200, Florian Echtler wrote:
>
> Sorry for the delay Florian.  Commit 564d8a2cf3ab by Mario Kleiner (+cc)
> landed in Linus' tree last week and is included in 4.13-rc1.  It is
> supposed to fix black screen issues with the iMac10,1 that you're also
> using, though in Mario's case they seem to occur upon boot, rather than
> on suspend, still might be worth a try:

thanks for the hint. I've applied this patch to the v4.12 tree I'm currently
running, and it didn't seem to make any difference (i.e. display stays black
after suspend).

Without the patch, when I plug in an external display (via MiniDP-to-DVI), then
the internal panel stays black when booting, only the external display works.

Actually, the patch then makes things slightly worse in my case: with the patch
applied, not even the external sink works anymore. When I log in remotely and
run "DISPLAY=:0.0 xrandr", both DP connections are shown as active, but neither
does actually show an image.

I'd be grateful about a bit of background information here, I'd really like to
help fix this.

Best, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL