Bug reports for beginners.

Luke Miller dodgyville at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 22:46:57 UTC 2017

Greetings, thanks for the awesome drivers.

I have a recurring problem with one 3D program (UE4editor) crashing my
computer during a particular operation.

I believe the problem is at the DRM layer.

Brief details:
Radeon 7850HD
It crashes using radeon and amdgpu (on ubuntu 17.04, linux 4.12, padoka
ppa).
It does not crash using the fglrx driver (on ubuntu 14.04).
The entire machine hangs and requires a reset.

My question:
How can I go about collecting more information to fix/report the problem?
Is there a tutorial on which logs to look at? I may even be able to fix it
myself if I could get a stack trace.

Part of the fun is that it is an older card.