[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-amdgpu 1.3.0

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:12:54 UTC 2017

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the 1.3.0 release of xf86-video-amdgpu,

> Highlights:
>
> * Allow TearFree to be toggled at runtime via an RandR output property
>   "TearFree". The xorg.conf option "TearFree" now controls the default
>   value of the output properties.

Nice feature. Minor man page glitch = the line starting with 'on' in the
patch snippet below doesn't show up when viewed with man amdgpu.

+Set the default value of the per-output 'TearFree' property, which controls
+tearing prevention using the hardware page flipping mechanism. TearFree is
+on for any CRTC associated with one or more outputs with TearFree on. Two
+separate scanout buffers need to be allocated for each CRTC with TearFree
+on. While TearFree is on for any CRTC, it currently prevents clients
from using
+DRI page flipping. If this option is set, the default value of the
property is
+'on' or 'off' accordingly. If this option isn't set, the default value
of the
+property is
+.B auto,
+which means that TearFree is on for outputs with rotation or other RandR
+transforms, and for RandR 1.4 slave outputs, otherwise off.