amd-iommu: can't boot with amdgpu, AMD-Vi: Completion-Wait loop timed out

Deucher, Alexander Alexander.Deucher at amd.com
Tue Mar 21 16:17:40 UTC 2017

+ John

I'm not sure if the iommu ids are different on stoney systems compared to Carrizo/Bristol systems.  The pci ids of the GPUs are different.  Stoney parts have 0x98E4 as the pci id for the GPU.

> Other question, a shot into the dark, does the GPU on these systems have
> ATS? Probably yes, as they are likely HSA compatible.

Stoney is a small APU.  Kind of a mini Carrizo.  While it may claim to support ATS, I don't think it was ever validated on Stoney, only Carrizo/Bristol.

Alex