[DC] [CRTC:44:crtc-0] vblank wait timed out

Andrey Grodzovsky Andrey.Grodzovsky at amd.com
Tue Nov 14 19:41:34 UTC 2017

On 11/14/2017 01:06 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> I sometimes get the attached dmesg splat when the GDM login screen times
> out and fades to black (presumably specifically when it finally sets
> DPMS off, which disables the vblank interrupt).

As you mention this and also that this happens intermittently I would
suspect a race between page flip and DPMS(OFF) IOCTLs so by the time
drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_vblanks is called from  page flip the DPMS
IOCTL already turned vblank off, but do_aquire_global_lock should
protect exactly from such a race so maybe something broke around there.
Maybe putting  a WARN_ON(vblank interrupt status != ON) before waiting
on it can shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Andrey