Regressions in amd-staging-drm-next

Martin Babutzka martin.babutzka at online.de
Tue Oct 3 20:02:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

Today I tracked down 2 regressions with git bisect:
1. Crash: the most recent amd-drm-staging-next code based kernels
result in a complete crash on boot with no interaction possible. The
cause is a "tidy up" commit which actually inverts the logical
behavior. Went through the amd-gfx list to see this was already found.
If there is such a show-stopper regression which is simple to fix
please push the revert/fix to agd5f asap, to spare the Linux/AMD
enthusiasts running these kernels some pain.

2. Flicker issue: As wrote in my last mail the amd-staging-drm-next
causes heavy flickering horizontal lines. Had to do a large bisect to
find the bad commit. No idea what is precisely broken there but I hope
this helps to resolve it.

Many regards,
Martin