Gamma problem after 4096 LUT entries change

Môshe van der Sterre me at moshe.nl
Sun Apr 15 09:37:10 UTC 2018

Hello Leo Li,

The current mainline has a gamma regression for me, running wayland on a
Ryzen 5 2400G (integrated gpu). Colors are much too dark after the
following commit:
086247a4b2fb "drm/amd/display: Use 4096 lut entries"

 From this commit alone I cannot deduce how to properly address the
problem. Reverting restores the correct colors. Unfortunately, I have no
other amdgpu hardware to test if this is specific to the integrated gpu
or not.

I'll gladly test possible fixes or debug a little further if you can
point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Môshe van der Sterre