force app kill patch

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Wed Apr 18 07:20:19 UTC 2018

*Correctio for the scenario *

After we move fence_put(entity->last_sched) out of the fini_status check:

A potential race issue for the scenario:

1.        Drm_sched_entity_fini(): it exit right after entity->job_queue empty, [ but that time scheduler is not fast enough to deal with this entity now ]

2.        Drm_sched_entity_cleanup() : it call dma_fence_put(entity->last_scheduled)  [ but this time entity->last_scheduled  actually points to the fence prior to the real last one ]

3.        Scheduler_main() now dealing with this entity: it call dma_fence_put(entity->last_scheduled)    [   Now this fence get double put !!!  ]

4.        Scheduler_main() now call dma_fence_get() on the *real* last one !

So eventually the real last one fence triggers memory leak and more critical the double put fence cause NULL pointer access

/Monk