force app kill patch

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Wed Apr 18 09:00:47 UTC 2018

1.        Drm_sched_entity_fini(): it exit right after entity->job_queue empty, [ but that time scheduler is not fast enough to deal with this entity now ]
That should never happen.

The last job from the entity->job_queue is only removed after the scheduler is done with the entity (at least that was the original idea, not sure if that still works as expected).

[ML] no that’s not true and we already catch the kernel NULL pointer issue with a entity->last_scheduled fence get double put , exactly like the way I described in the scenario …

Pixel already fixed it by moving the put/get pair on entity->last_scheduled prior to spsc_queue_pop() and the race issue is therefore avoided

/Monk