PROBLEM: linux-firmware provided firmware files do not support AMDVLK driver

Andrew Stone andrewstone97 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:43:51 UTC 2018

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that issue. The updated firmware seems to work
fine with Radeon drivers on my machine. (After updating the firmware, I
booted with Radeon.si_support=1 Radeon.cik_support=1 amdgpu.si_support=0
amdgpu.cik_support=0) though I've messed with my system a lot to get AMDVLK
working so I'm not sure it's really using radeon. It should be. And the GL
version is 1.4 now. I obviously can't speak for other cards and I haven't
done extensive testing by any means, but it seems to work.